Questions to ask after diagnosis
It may take a while for a diagnosis of breast cancer to sink in. For a clearer understanding of your biopsy results, download this leaflet.
Here are some questions for your health professional. These may also help you understand your test results more clearly:
• Where is my breast cancer? Has it spread beyond the breast?
• Can I have a copy of my pathology report and can you explain it to me?
• Can I bring a support person in so you can explain my results to them?
• Is my breast cancer hormone receptor positive or HER2 positive? What does this mean for me?
• Can you write down what you have told me so that I can read it again later?
• What are my next steps, who should I see next?