Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Before you sign up for a clinical trial, your doctor will discuss all the possible risks and benefits with you, and help you decide whether the trial is right for you. Make sure you consider these questions – they will help you find out how the trial will affect your day-to-day life, and your prognosis.
- What is the aim of the trial, and how will it help people?
- How might this clinical trial affect my prognosis?
- What are the possible side effects of my treatment?
- How will the treatment effect my daily life?
- How long is the trial expected to last, and how long will I have to take part?
- What happens if I change my mind?
- How much of my time will I need to give?
- Will I have to be hospitalised?
- Will I have to fill in questionnaires or keep a diary?
- Will I need extra help from my family or friends?
- How do I find out the results at the end of my trial?